Friday, April 19, 2013

Full Disclosure

Honesty is at the root of healing. Honesty with self and others helps the healing spread and grow. Sometimes painful, honesty is the only way I know how to move forward with self-actualization.


Here is where I get honest with everyone out in web land. I have 5 main areas of healing that I've been working on as I've become more self aware, a bi-product of my spiritual quests. I share these because I want to inspire others to create their own list for healing. I believe that we are all whole and complete as we are- this doesn't mean we can't be aware of areas in our life that would benefit from some cleaning up.

I have a tendency to keep things bottled up inside- to the point of making myself sick.
I sometimes people please to avoid conflict.
I am a perfectionist but hate the confines it creates.
I love structure but do better (in most cases) when I can flow rather than stick to a plan.
My nature is one of easy going, fun loving happy. I tend to come across as something different when I get caught up in the first 4 issues.

Growth doesn't always happen over night. I've been working on this list for a while. By becoming aware of these issues healing was created. Now aware, the opportunity to move away from something unhealthy is a new choice that was once not seen. I work on these issues as life presents them. I take the lessons as I go.

Positive thoughts
Here are a few more things about myself I want to share that are deeply rooted within me. This is the area of my life that I spend the most time and energy growing. These are also areas that I honor as my own personal truths.

I love with all my heart, work with all my heart, grow with all my heart. I don't do things half-fast, it's just not in my nature. 
I pray daily for everyone, in all ways, and focus on specific areas of the world when it's needed. 
I meditate daily. It's my safe place and where sanity can be found when it's hiding everywhere else. 
I get lost in books for hours and will devote endless amounts of time to reading. Learning is never ending.
I love yoga and pushing my body to it's limits. I love to exercise. I work to devote more time to it daily. I'm married to my soul mate. Not the cliche dreamy movie soul mate. The real- in your face, calls me on my crap, never gives up on me- soul mate. 
I always give people the benefit of the doubt unless my inner alarm goes off. Everyone deserves a chance. 
I'm grateful I'm a mother. I don't know what I would do without this crazy duo. They make me a better person in every way. 
I forgive. 
I'm still healing within and facing my fears when they arise.

I've created the positive list as a starting point. My own personal list of strengths is much longer. I make a point to add to it as I rediscover more of myself. When the facade is removed or a new link created, a new aspect of self is reveled. I spent a long time hiding from myself so as the pure form of myself emerges I honor each new aspect. Create your list and grow from it.




Facing yourself isn't for sissies. This is hard work and it requires a commitment to be honest to a fault. I have shared myself with my husband or someone in a professional capacity (read counselor or doctor) when the healing was deep and needed another person to witness the release. It's not a requirement to have witnesses but it sure makes it easier. Receiving feed back helps. Sometimes your insanity is only as crazy as you believe it to be. Loved ones have an annoying way of letting you know that you have a lot more sanity than you believe you do.

Breathe, stretch, grow, begin again.

Namaste 









2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing Leah! I have been dealing with some of my deepest healing in the previous year, resulting in exponential growth. I am now beginning again. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, Thank you for reminding me to remember the positive qualities in myself and my life....I have spent the past 43 years waiting to "get my act together...to look pretty, inside and out..before I could go out into the world...to share what i may have to offer...just in the past year or so have I realized that...I will never "get it all together"...to present myself to "the world"...and that my lack of perfection is , in fact, my gift....to share, to learn from, to grow through....thank you for sharing your growth ...see you in the sunny fields of life!!!! Stacey

    ReplyDelete