Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lessons from the Breath

I'm learning to breathe again. Its the most vital function we can do for ourselves. Some how we seem to get it all wrong most times. True deep breathing for long periods of time does so much good for all levels of the body, mind, and soul. I personally have been experiencing healing's within the heart center as well as more oxygen in the blood and a more centered emotional space daily.
A few days ago I was called to write a poem about my breath and I wanted to share it with you.


Prana

On this breath I feel
    Everything.
    Nothing.
    Pain, sorrow, loss.
    Love- unconditional and expanding.

On this breath the energy of the moon and stars pulse through me
   Questions fill me,
   Centered they scatter
   Falling like falling leaves.

On this breath I wonder,
  Where does this life expand outside of motherhood and partnership?
   Do I get to be selfish or more independently purpose driven?

On this breath I seek within,
  What is the Divine Sources will for me?
  What colorful road of service awaits me?

On this breath I breathe.
   I breathe in Gratitude and just continue to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment